February

A new month is here, and with it, a new challenge. Lots of people have been suggesting food-related tasks, but I’m on the road for much of this month, and I was looking for something a little more cerebral.

My idea occurred on the last day of January. I found myself in western Pennsylvania trying to pass a horse-drawn Amish buggy on a narrow road. I started thinking about the Amish people, and realized that I don’t really know much about them. So my task for the month of February is pretty simple—I’m going to learn everything I can about the Amish. Where they came from, where they live, what they believe. . .in addition, I’ll answer some of the most common questions, including:
1. Why do they paint their doors blue?
2. What’s up with those funky beards the men wear?
3. Did they have anything to do with the naming of Intercourse, Pennsylvania?




If you have any questions about the Amish community, feel free to send them my way and we’ll get to the bottom of this subject.

No comments: